NetEnt & Evolution Gaming Post Stunning Q2 Results

By Ben Hamill - July 20 2020
SHARE

NetEnt & Evolution Gaming Post Stunning Q2 Results

NetEnt AB and Evolution Gaming, the two casino games behemoths currently locked in talks over a possible merger, both posted outstanding results for the second quarter of the current year. This all most likely as a result of a super-hike in online casino games revenue due to a lack of sports events to bet on.

NetEnt, for one, managed to post quite the Q2 performance. The developer/supplier’s total revenue posted for the first half of this year showed a year-on-year increase of an incredible 30.2%. This means revenue posted in excess of $120.5 million. Of this amount, licensing agreements proved responsible for at least $116 million of the total revenue reported for the mentioned period.

Rising costs did however cause a significant decline in profits. These resulted in a net-profit crash of 29% when compared to last year. NetEnt for the period Q2 of 2020 posted net profits totalling $18.8 million.

Read More...888casino Signs Up With NetEnt Live Casino

All Good, All Round

Increased costs weathered by NetEnt also resulted in depreciation and amortisation increasing by 52.3%, up to an estimated $23.8 million. Increased financial expenses resulted in quite the difference too, at an increase from $3 million all the way up to $22.8 million. It should however be mentioned said that this was posted for the same period during which NetEnt acquired Red Tiger Gaming, and therefore, not unexpected a decline.

Even so, according to NetEnt Chief Executive Therese Hillman, Q2 remains a record-quarter for the games giant. NetEnt and Red Tiger Gaming both posted strong results for the reported period, confirmed Hillman. This resulted not only in record-style revenues, but also in increased earnings and an improved cash flow for the supplier.

Also notable is that at least 10% of all gross gaming revenue reported for the mentioned period, resulted from the company’s presence and performance in the US. Slots came out on top at 89% of the revenue generated, with table games having been responsible for the remaining 11%.

The UK remains NetEnt’s top-performing market.

October Acquisition Deadline

Evolution Gaming too, continued its stellar performance as seen so far this year. With Q2 operating revenue up by 50% when compared with the same period during last year, they made it all the way up to €128.3 million ($146.6 million) in terms of bottom-line revenue performance.

A short while ago Evolution Gaming made public its bid to acquire at least 90% of NetEnt AB. Both companies remain as focused as ever on US expansion.

NetEnt is expected to provide feedback regarding Evolution Gaming’s offer by October 26.

Play casino games from TOP developers! Sign up ONLINE.

SHARE