Why I Choose to Play at an Online Casino
Online casinos first became available around 2000, many years after casino gambling had been established in Las Vegas, then Atlantic City, and then on Native American land. Now land-based casinos are common pretty much everywhere and there are thousands of online casinos. And just as not every land-based casino is a fun place to gamble, not every online casino is a great place to play casino games. But two things are quite certain: land-based casinos will be with us for a very long time and online casinos are on balance the better place to play casino games for real money. There are many advantages of online casinos over land-based casinos.
There are Also Many Advantages of Free Market Casinos over Provincial Ones.
- The first advantage is convenience. Online casinos sit in your PC, laptop, or mobile device. You can play for as long as you want, you can leave the "casino" to go shopping, cut the grass, do some adult colouring, or cook dinner. You don't turn your life upside down when you play casino games at an online casino.
- Tied to the general convenience of an online casino are all the inconveniences of travelling to a brick and mortar casino. You have to pack a suitcase, pay for a flight or drive a distance, pay for lodging, food, entertainment, a rental car or taxi rides, and all the relatively minor costs of travelling such as over-priced souvenirs and tips.
- Because you're not at home when you're at a land-based casino you have far more free time. The one primary pastime at these places is gambling so you're much more likely to gamble more at a land-based casino than you would at home.
- Because you've paid for all the appurtenances of travel, you actually have less money to gamble with. So there's a totally unnecessary tension between a realistically lower bankroll and having nothing else to do besides gambling!
- This advantage is especially true with regard to playing mobile casino games. Mobile gaming is fast overtaking PC gaming for many reasons but mostly because the graphics on mobile games have improved so much recently. Still, a lot of mobile gaming is done in short spurts when you're waiting somewhere. In most cases, mobile gaming has a built-in self-control switch, namely, the appointment, meeting, cashier or whatever that you were waiting for begins or becomes available. When you're at a land-based casino, there is no natural self-control mechanism. More players lose more than they can afford at a brick and mortar casino than online.
- When you play online, you have hundreds of games to choose from. No land-based casino can offer hundreds of games. A really big casino might have hundreds of slot machines but there are multiple machines of the same games. Land-based casinos offer the games most players want to play whilst online casinos offer those and hundreds of other games that you might like if you tried them. One of the biggest advantages of online casinos over land-based casinos is that you get the chance to try them online, not on land.
- The payout rates at online casinos are higher than those at brick and mortar casinos because the latter have so much higher operating costs.
- Video poker has dozens of themes and thousands of individual games. No land-based casino can offer them all but online you can access then all
- When you play online, you never have to wait for a game. The magic of the internet is such that there could be millions of gamers all over the world playing the same game at the same casino and no one had to wait to play!
- This is especially true at the games that take up a lot of space like roulette, craps, and blackjack. These tables take up a great deal of expensive space at land-based casinos but you might not be able to play whenever you want to.
- In blackjack, you might not be able to find a table with a minimum bet that is in accord with your bankroll. Many gamers have said that they love to play at the $2 table but were at a land-based casino where the lowest bet was $5. Online blackjack allows easy minimum bets along with high-roller maximum bets.
- At land-based casinos there are many distractions. You might not like the other people at your table. There might be a frustrated player exhorting you to give him or her the slots game you're enjoying playing.
- Land-based casino blackjack players notoriously excoriate other players for "making them lose" by taking another card when they "should have stood".
- There might be scantily-clad women roaming about. Often these beautiful lasses are hostesses but often they're players too. They just dress for attention and when you pay attention to them even a little you're much more likely to make a mistake at the game you're playing.
- Many land-based casinos offer free alcohol. This is a huge no-no for players but gamblers find it next to impossible to resist. One strong drink will impede your judgment for a long enough period that you make many more poor decisions than you would were you completely sober. A wily hostess will also know when to approach you again with another offer of a free alcoholic drink.
- Online casinos allow you to play in free play mode for as long as you like as you strive to get used to a new game. Maybe you'll love the game and make it your number one default game or maybe you won't like it. If you don't like it, free play allows you to make that determination at absolutely no cost.
- Many online casinos have tutorials to teach you the rules and some strategy for all their games.
- The top online casinos record every outcome of every hand or spin you play so any dispute you might have with the casino can be easily resolved.
- No one ever gets "kicked out" of an online casino for winning too much.
There probably are many more advantages of online casinos over land-based casinos. If I think of more, I'll write another article!