Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission Announces a Cooperative Effort with Scientific Games Corporation
The Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission (AGLC) has announced that it has signed an enterprise-wide systems agreement with the Scientific Games Corporation (NASDAQ: SGMS) to provide systems solutions for its land-based casino sites. The Bally systems, developed by SGMS, will replace the systems that are presently being used in 28 Alberta Casinos and will connect over 14,000 slot machines.
The Scientific Games Corporation is a leading world-wide developer of technology-based services and products for lottery, gaming and other types of interactive markets. The company develops gaming machines, game systems and content, table game utilities and products, draw-based and instant lottery games, loyalty and rewards programs, sports betting technology, server-based lottery games and gaming systems and interactive content and services.
Bill Robinson, President and CEO, and Niaz Nejad, Vice President Lottery & Gaming Services of the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission, said: "We are excited to embark on this expanded partnership with Scientific Games. After a comprehensive RFP process, we selected the innovative Bally systems to replace our existing slot accounting system because we believe these tools will help us offer our players an exciting gaming experience and provide us the necessary information to grow our business. We consider this another big step in our progress towards our casino modernization efforts."
Scientific Games, for its part, expressed its satisfaction at being selected by AGLC to serve as the enterprise systems solution provider. Robert J. Parente, Chief Gaming Revenue Officer for Scientific Games told reporters that the company’s selection affirms Scientific Games’ strategic focus on the Canadian market where attention to innovation and system technology is a priority. By providing the SGMS systems solutions, AGLC can share in the SGMS’s significant product portfolio and continue to offer innovative gaming content to the region.
AGLC expects to utilize multiple Bally systems hardware and software solutions. These include the SDS and CMP systems, the iVIEW DM player interface and EBS bonusing. EBS bonusing is a popular feature for casinos of all sizes which provides casino venues with competitive and scalable casino and slot-management marketing systems.
Some ofBally’s most popular products include:
- The Pro Video is a slot machine that offers an ergonomic deck with soft-touch coating, increased interaction, optimal viewing, comfortable seating, and even an integrated purse hook. The cabinet features full HD resolution monitors which create a real-life multimedia gameplay experience.
- The pro-stepper is the newest and most innovative of the spinning-reel products produced by SGMS. 21st century improvements include accelerated graphics, expanded memory, state-of-art dual-core processor and the Bally iDeck touch-enabled video button deck.
- The Curve cabinet offers an enhanced video reel technology in which gamers can enjoy a traditional stepper experience. The LCD display offers the look, feel and play of old-fashioned stepper reels but are actually video screens that create authentic stepper play experiences. Using the touch-sensitive glass in front of the curved display, players can physically interact with the reels and open up new interactive options which are not possible in games with traditional reels.
- Take ‘n Play will be a particular benefit to the casinos in that it will bring mobile gaming entertainment to the province. Take ‘n Play’s mobile gaming system allows gamers to play at any time and from any location on their hand-held mobile device. The Take ‘n Play system enables players to play a game from start to finish on mobile, or to start on one machine and then complete playing elsewhere. Benefits of Take ‘n Play gambling include:
- expanding the virtual reach and size of the traditional slot machine
- generating extra revenue for the casino
- minimizing play interruptions for the player while delivering maximize time-on-device
- Interactive games available for German, French, English and Chinese-speakers. Some of the most popular and well-known Bally games include the 5 Treasures series, Aloha Delight, Aussie Gold, Aztec Dawn, Blazing Peppers, Dancing Drums, the Diamond Eternity series, the Double Blessings series, Spring Blossom, Dragon, Pharaoh’s Dream, Striking Stars, Playboy Down Under, Rich Traditions, Roar ‘n Rumble and many other high quality games.
Alberta Great Northern Casino
One of the first Alberta Casinos that mayintegrate Bally systems on the casino floors will be the Grande Prairie casino, located in Grande Prairie Alberta in the heart of the Canadian prairie. The Grande Prairie Casino is one of the top casinos in Alberta. There are hundreds of Vegas style games featured at Grande Prairie Casino with over four hundreds slot machines, multiple progressive jackpots and a VLT Room that sports 30 terminals. Gamers who are looking for a more low-key casino experience can select one of the three-reel “spin and win” classic slot machines for a sedate gaming event. The Grande Prairie slots room is accessible 7 days a week. Slots play begins at 10:00 am and closes in the wee hours of the morning. There are also tournaments where enthusiasts can join a slots tournament and play for special tournament prizes.
Some of the most popular Grande Prairie card games include Three Card Poker, Ultimate Texas Hold ‘Em and the most traditional casino game of them all — roulette. The Poker Room is a casino highlight. The Texas Hold ‘Em Cash games are daily specials which feature low minimum by-ins. Every Friday the casino presents a No Limit Dealers Choice game that starts at 3:oop.m. No Limit Omaha cash games begin at 2:00p.m. on Saturdays. The casino’s big Texas Hold ‘Em tournaments occur every Sunday where players have a chance to compete against each other as well as to compete against the dealer. High-rollers will find over $60,000 on many of the poker games. The poker room is open until 2:00a.m. Mondays and Tuesdays, 3:00a.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays and 1:00a.m. Sundays.
Grande Prairie Casino is an Alberta entertainment centre. The venue boasts a showroom, lounge and multiple dining options. The Platinum Lounge can accommodate 275 patrons in an atmosphere of fine dining before or after a show. The casino draws world-class musical and entertainment acts. There are also buffets and other eateries for individuals who would like to enjoy a more laid-back meal.